6.11.2010

Killers = a preview of my life?

I don't usually do movie reviews. I actually don't consider this a review. But sometimes the premises of movies are just too darn close to what's happening in your life, you have to talk about it. And, keep in mind, this is all "tongue in cheek," if you will. If you plan on watching this movie, please don't read further than this paragraph. It's a decent movie, it's not exactly as it seems if you've seen the TV commercials, it's predicable and there are poorly scripted moments. I didn't go in expecting more. Now please stop reading if you wish to avoid spoilers (though it's really only the first fifteen minutes).

Hi. I'm A. I was recently dumped by my geek boyfriend who is less attractive than me because he cheated on me and didn't want to deal with that guilt. It's also my one deal breaker. And K and I tested quite a few I thought would be, so I can say that with a bit of certainty.







The girl in the movie is Jen (played by the oh so pretty blonde Katherine Heigl). She was recently dumped by her less attractive (yeah, not difficult for her) geek boyfriend because she caught him cheating on her. It's a little subtle. I didn't catch it until my mom and her best friend pointed it out after the movie. But apparently it's there. The cheating, I mean. The rest is blatantly obvious.

Jen goes on a vacation with her parents in France and happens upon hot spy (played by Ashton Kutcher). (No picture needed. Just embrace the hotness.) Of course, he can't tell her he's a spy, they fall in love, he gets out of the business, they get married, yadda yadda yadda....enter the storyline you imagined from the previews. It gets a little like Hot Fuzz at times.

So basically my point here is that I should die my hair blonde and go on a trip to France with my parents to find this sexy little guy (double points if you know who this is). But I forgot. If we're going by his show, I'd have to be the spy. Darn. At least I can move well in heels? Because, well, you know, his girl is always in heels...? Oh nevermind, I'm just making jokes no one will understand.

Just know this. I'm happy today. I haven't been happy the past two days. And with a little luck, this will continue through the weekend and into next week.

No comments: