3.03.2011

Random Consmogglation

A few things fairly quickly here:

Remember last year at my service learning volunteer place I made dinner for 20 kiddos in about 20 minutes and it turned out pretty well? Well I made dinner again. And deboned two chickens. Guys, I don't even cook chicken breasts when they've been all nicely cut and cleaned and packaged. But there were chickens and they'd been boiled and now they needed to be deboned. And there I was. So...now I know how to debone chickens. It's really not as difficult as you might think.

This morning I was on the bus, listening to Rush rather loudly b/c I didn't sleep much the night before. I had Yyz (come on, it's on Guitar Hero guys, you've heard it) on and was rocking out and the guy next to me taps my shoulder. "Look, I love Rush, but I'm seeing buttons here. Can you change the song?" Annnnd that just made my morning.

This morning I also went to get Starbucks on campus. There was a line of at least 10 sorority girls ahead of me. B says they are notorious for ordering skinny vanilla lattes, so I text him making a joke that it's the invasion of the skinny vanilla lattes. 3 of the 5 girls ahead of me order skinny vanilla lattes. The other two order lite versions of various chilled drinks. Good god, I hate it when I'm right. Then I come along (having just started to play Rush b/c this place needed some nerding-up) and order a delicious fatty java chip thinger and get a few looks from the nike-sport short clad crowd. A: one. Latte invaders: zip.

And if you all could just do me a solid and skip to 8 minutes on this video and think of the most perfect spring day and I think you have a good sense of how I feel right now. J, new thing for us to do together. Just an idea. XP

No comments: