11.07.2010

Woof!

I'm singing this song and my rabbit is staring at me all wide eyed, ears tuned in all weird. Despite me singing almost everyday, he still sometimes gets all freaked out by it. He's much happier overall though, now that he lives away from dogs who aren't trying to eat him anytime they enter the room.

Which will be a problem when I get a dog. For my 21st birthday. Yeah, I've got this planned. Since it's towards the end of the year, I can get a puppy and keep him (or her) in the apartment for about a week. Then it's summer and I'll be at home and I can be with the pup and by the time we get back to school, s/he'll be fairly decently trained and on his/her way to being an awesome dog.

So basically, no alcohol for my b-day gift please. Dog toys would be a much better option. Or you know, both. Whatevs. That's totally responsible. XD

But really, what dog should I get? I go for larger dogs, but if I had to get a small dog I'd get a Pomeranian or a Havanese. Medium would ideally be a Border Collie, but I don't have the energy or time to train one of those just yet. And they get grumpy and destructive if not entertained enough. Which s/he wouldn't be while I'm in college. So I'm thinking maybe an Aussie Shep instead. But they don't have tails which I think is very very strange. Actually, I'm not too sure about getting a medium sized dog. I'd much rather have a large or giant dog. Like a Berner or a Great Dane. And, of course, there are the typicals such as a lab or a retriever or German Shepherd, so count them in too.

Or I could get a mutt from the Humane Society. I have a few favorites and I'm not sure if they're still there, but if they are I have a retriever mix and a rott/lab that love me almost as much as I love them. And, for some reason, the place seems to get a different St. Bernard monthly, so I'd certainly pick up one of those if possible.

So out of that long list, which do you think I should get? I figure I need to start researching this now so if I decide to go purebred (which is a whole other issue I can't fathom yet, along with if I should get an adult or a puppy), I can start researching breeders with litters due in March so the pup is old enough come May. Savvy? Good! Now get to deciding!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

White German shepherd puppy. Or a corgi. :D

Ashley said...

I'm not picky on colors for dogs. It's more the disposition.

Jezli H said...

Mutts! I love mutts! :) And you'll already know the dog if you get one from the Humane Society. Poor milo...