3.24.2010

Anger

Rargh. I had a pissy post about why relationships, no matter what kind, suck and the various ways in which they suck but then I realized that I'm just grumpy because I'm a teenage girl who doesn't know what she wants. Take that in whatever way you please. I'm not spilling all the beans here.

What I will talk about here is how I think I spend most of my time being mad about something. K thinks I have anger management issues b/c I let things build and then take my anger out on whatever drop causes the bottle to overflow. Which is usually him. Which only makes me wonder why I always take my anger out on him. Which only makes me madder at myself and, in turn, the world. I just love how I work, don't you?

At any rate, I think my anger of late has been caused by my uncertainty and the fact everything around me keeps changing. Those plans I was making for KC? Shot to hell. Those grand ideas about Ball State? Uncertain, no thanks to anyone around me b/c I was certain at one point, I remember. There's so much going on in school and now, all of a sudden, I have all these people from all my schooling wanting to keep in contact with me and part of me just wants to tell them to eff off, I've moved on. But I honestly haven't moved on, I'd still love to be friends, they just picked a bad time to try and be friends again.

I like structure, I like knowing, I like plans. My room may be messy, but I know where everything is, and it won't take me but a second to find what I need. I like having plans for the future. I like those plans to be stable and unchanging once made. I like sticking to those plans. Is it really too much to ask? I'm more or less a piece of paper. Write down what you want. But once someone gets an eraser out I flip out. I'm not dynamic, I'm not flexible. I planned my college career because a friend was doing an assignment where she had to. I didn't have to, I saw it, thought it was a great idea, and did so. I plan trips that I'll never take. It's just what I do. It's so I know what to do if X-situation arises.

And now I have many X-situations but here's the catch - I don't have a plan for a single one of them! Plus I have all these additional stresses, like current school work and family issues...

If this were two weeks ago, or two weeks from now, I could perhaps understand my anger and frustration at the world, but there is no reason for me to be so upset about everything right now and yet, here I am.

3 comments:

Jezli H said...

Talk boys with me. I have my own reasons to be angry haha. :)

Well as for plans that ARE happening, my parents have okayed the NYC trip. Hollllaaaa!!!!

Alaurei said...

I hate how life always seems to come to a boil at just the right moments, or maybe that's just how we're seeing it. Haha. But I understand what you mean for sure. I am with you when it comes to being structured, and having a plan. Like it drove me nuts when we went to France, only had a few days, and my parents never considered checking when museums were open so 2/4 days we were there we wandered around because nothing was open. That is a situation where I would have checked ahead, haha. So I can relate to you there. I don't have any advice to give, but what I can say is, take a deep breath, we always manage to get through these times somehow. I can't put my finger on it, but somehow we make it! You are one tough cookie (and a very smart one too) and I'm sure things will work out, because you are adaptable and will be on top of things! Keep your chin up! :D

Carrie said...

Hey man, I may not feel you in the exact same ways, but I totally know how life just feels uncertain and out of my control (like this week!) But something that keeps me going is the bigger picture, and that hey we're all growing and living our lives somewhat together :)

I was looking through my xanga posts and stumbled upon these two comments that I think would be kinda fun: Sept 3, 2003

"o and of course u let Nikki have fun... wut bout all ur loyal fans????/ like me an Z an Jesika and...everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wut bout us???"


"LOL u guyz shuld du say wut kareoke (did i spell that rite?)"

Hope you can guess who wrote these, haha it made me smile a BIGGUN.
Hang in there man!